Submission Terms & Conditions
Volunteer Freelance Contributor Agreement
Speak Up Sis, LLC/SpeakUpSis! Magazine
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR WORK UNDER THE VOLUNTEER FREELANCE CONTRIBUTOR AGREEMENT. PARTICIPATION IN THE SERVICE INDICATES THAT YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE VOLUNTEER FREEANCE CONTRIBUTOR AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS SERVICE.
This is to confirm the agreement between you (the “Volunteer Freelance Contributor”) and Speak Up Sis, LLC/ SpeakUpSis! Magazine (“Company”) and (“Magazine”).
1. Submission of Contribution. You can submit magazine contributions, i.e., articles, creative writing, photographs, recipes, anytime voluntarily but are required to submit contributions via the online form located at SpeakUpSisMagazine.com. The Company reserves the right to reject or accept any submission of a contribution by a Volunteer Freelance Contributor without cause or explanation. Company will keep submissions on file for 365 days from date received and reserves the right to run or print contribution within the 365 days of online submission.
2. Rights Granted. You grant to Company the following rights to print and publish the work.
A. Company shall have the unlimited right to publish the Work in the electronic SpeakUpSis! for one magazine issue, including promotional rights, provided that the Work shall appear in context to the original cover or page layout. Company shall have the unlimited right to make promotional use of the Work in the electronic SpeakUpSis!, including promotion of Magazine or its Website either directly on the Magazine Web site or through third‐party Web sites or electronic services.
B. A nonexclusive worldwide right to include the Work in anthologies, reprint editions, adaptations, or collections of articles.
C. The nonexclusive unlimited right to use selections from the Work in the advertising and promotion of Company and Company’s websites and the Magazine. Company shall have the right to make promotional and internal use of the Work in the print SpeakUpSis! Magazine including use of tear sheets by either Magazine or its contributors or advertisers. Company shall have the unlimited right to make promotional use of the Work in any SpeakUpSis! (for example, billboards or blow‐in cards), provided that the Work shall appear in context to the original cover or page layout.
D. All rights to the Work not specifically granted above are reserved by you. You retain copyright to the Work.
3. Relationship. The parties expressly agree and acknowledge that the relationship created by this Agreement is one of Volunteer Freelance Contributor. You are not employed by the Company or Magazine. You agree to be treated as a volunteer for employment purposes. Therefore, no payroll deductions of any sort for employment taxes or insurance of any kind shall be paid by the Company for or on behalf of You. Payroll deductions, employment taxes and insurance that are subject to this paragraph include but are not limited to FICA, federal, state, and local income tax withholding; state disability insurance; state unemployment insurance; and workers compensation insurance.
4. Warranty. You warrant that to the best of your knowledge the Work does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, contract, or proprietary rights of others or contain anything libelous or defamatory and you agree to indemnify and hold Company, owners and all Company affiliates harmless against any final judgement resulting from the falsity of the foregoing warranties. That the Article has not been previously published in whole or in part. That the Article is original, that you have full power to make this agreement, and that you are the sole author. That no other agreement to publish the Article is now outstanding.
5. Editorial Changes. Company may revise, edit, condense, or otherwise alter the Work, and may code the work in HTML as needed for Web presentation, but will make no substantive changes in text, title or graphic content without your permission.
A. No modification to this Agreement shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
B. This Agreement shall be deemed executed under the laws of the state of Georgia.
C. The parties acknowledge that each party has read and understood this contract before execution.
Speak Up Sis, LLC/SpeakUpSis! Magazine